Despite having less than half of Facebook’s monthly active users (MAUs), Instagram’s top 10 accounts generate more than 6 times more interactions than Facebook’s most-engaged accounts, according to data from CrowdTangle between Nov. 17-Feb. 17.
Why it matters: These numbers illustrate the level of engagement Instagram has captured. The disadvantage in MAUs can be overcome if users come to the platform more times in a day, spend more time when on the app, and engage more while there.
By the numbers: The most recently reported MAU numbers have Facebook at 2.32 billion (Jan. 2019), Instagram at 1 billion (June 2018) and Twitter at 326 million (Oct. 2018).
- Instagram’s top 10 accounts generated 6 billion interactions (likes + comments) vs. Facebook’s 922 million (reactions + comments + shares) vs. Twitter’s 398 million (retweets plus likes).
Samples of high-performing posts:
- WorldStar Hip Hop — Viral videos
- 9Gag — Hong Kong-based viral video and meme publisher
- The Shade Room — Celebrity news and. gossip
- Kylie Jenner
- 433 — Dutch-owned soccer account
- Ariana Grande
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Bleacher Report
- House of Highlights
- LADbible — British viral content publisher.
- Cifras — Brazilian viral content publisher.
- UNILAD — British viral content publisher now owned by LADBible.
- Womenworking.com — Inspiration-centric women’s lifestyle company.
- Todo Imagenes — Page for Spanish, female-oriented publisher Ohmirevista.
- Fox News
- Memes — Meme and viral content page.
- Khaosod — Thai media publisher.
- Power of Positivity — Inspiration and lifestyle content publisher.
- @BTS_twt — BTS: K-Pop group.
- Donald Trump
- Ariana Grande
- @bts_bighit — Another BTS account
- Bleacher Report.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Got7 — K-Pop group
- Miley Cyrus
- Charlie Kirk — right-wing activist
- Shane Dawson — YouTube star
Editor’s note: This chart and story were corrected on Feb. 22 to reflect a more complete dataset from CrowdTangle.
All copyrights for this article are reserved to Viral 1 internet